Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween

Hey Mom!
Happy Halloween!
Sounds like you guys had a pretty cool week! I have to say, with regret of course, that we did not have a trunk or treat here. I suppose actually having cars would be a requirement for such an activity, but I think we could have made something work with public transportation. Decorate the trams in the city for Halloween or something like that.
Haha, I almost forgot how little it rains back home. Are you guys still on the drought protocol with like 15 mins of sprinkler time a week and all that? I guess if you are, then it's a good thing that it rained! Even if it did cancel soccer haha.
That's really nice of you guys to do all that for the officers in the ward. Smart too, with all the crazy riots and everything happening right now. I bet they were in desperate need of a good deed like that haha. Plus, everyone likes snacks. Maybe if we're nice to the rest of the officers too, we'll get in close with the dudes who ticketed me twice and they'll be chill from now on.
Gratitude is always a good call. I noticed during Conference when Eyering spoke about counting your blessings daily, and was like, that sounds like a cool idea, so a started keeping track of the little things that happen during the day. It's made a pretty noticeable difference. Count your blessings!
So, as for our week, I think it's safe to say that it was nuts. I'm in Warsaw 2, which means that I'm in the same branch as President Turek haha. I suppose I'll have to actually start wearing a tie to church, and probably no more flip flops. Jokes.
I moved over here on Wednesday, the same day we picked up our trainees. I'll be training Elder Barlow this transfer! He's from Michigan, and he's already done a year of study at the Y, which means I'm continuing my streak of being younger than every companion I've ever had haha.
We've also had the chance to meet the branch already, as well as set up quite a few meetings. The branch is nuts. There's like twice as many members here that come on a regular basis than I've ever even seen in one place in Poland, and they were saying that we had an off week cause of fall break. A lot of them are Americans working in the embassy, and they all say that they want to spoil us. I'm looking forward to it to say the least.
Our meetings have been sweet. We've got a guy right now that is thinking about getting baptized within the month, and I think that he could do it. Then there's another that, with a little encouragement, could be ready before the end of the year! To add to it, my investigator from Katowice finally set a date for Christmas Eve! That, if anything, would be my Christmas miracle.
Some fun stories for the week. We came into Warsaw on Wednesday, and there was not one person in the entire city who knew where our apartment was. We had to look blind, pretty much just checking the keys we had at every building near the tram stop we were supposed to get out on. To make a long story short, we got into the apartment, suitcases and all at about 11 o'clock that night:)
How's that for a trainee's first night?
The second: we have like a "Sports Saturday" here every week at the soccer field near our chapel. We mostly play soccer, and I've been working on my skills for a few transfers now. However, it was raining, which means that the artificial turf was quite slippery. I went for a shot at the very beginning of the game, slipped, landed on my butt, and I've been sore ever since. Doesn't help that the chairs at our study desk are wooden.
That's all I got for ya! Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett 

No comments:

Post a Comment