Monday, October 17, 2016

October 16th

Hey Mom!
Late email today! We pretty much had the best PDay ever, but I'll explain that later.
Sounds like you had a pretty good week, with basketball, soccer, field trips, and the primary program to boot, haha. Funny that Caleb did his part in a deep voice. Was he nervous or just trying to be a character? The primary program would be a fun thing to have here. Unfortunately you need a primary for that. And you generally need at least one person below the age of 12 to have a primary. It would be something to come back to Poland one day and have a bunch of kids in a branch. I guess that's why they say try to teach entire families!
Haha, it sounds like Charlie is having a pretty interesting experience right now on his mish! So funny that happened in like the first month or 2 that he was in the field for! I bet it's gotta be tough, but also a really amazing experience to serve.
We do have crepes here in Katowice, but Elder Mandla and I normally save our money for regular ice cream trips. The people at the shop know our orders now, and I think they've even started to adapt their music, cause one time I told them that they were playing one of my favorite songs, and now they play that artist every time I'm in the store. Good stuff.
So our week was pretty sick. We started off pretty normal, but the end of the week was awesome. We had Zone Training on Friday, good stuff, and we got to hang out with President and the other missionaries again. It was the last time I got to see Elder Blunt before he goes home. That dude was a good missionary. Anyways, Saturday, we got to meet with the part-member family from South Africa again. First of all, they made a sweet stew that I think I'm gonna try to replicate. Also, we were able to direct the lesson we taught toward the son, who's not a member. At the end, we were kinda just testifying, and Elder Mandla was pretty bold with him and said that next transfer he wants to start working with him toward baptism. He came to church yesterday, and I actually gave him a blessing on the request of his mother. Some pretty direct things were said, and his mom told me today that he's been thinking about it a lot. She said there's been kind of a weird, reverent spirit in the house ever since. I'm not really sure what that means, but we're hoping to meet with him this week again and talk a little about what he's going to do next.
Sunday was normal, but what I'm still geeking out about is our PDay. We got a call the other day from that family that was writing to Elder Mandla's grandpa for a while. They said that they wanted to take us up a mountain near where they live, and of course I said yes. Well we pretty much spent the entire day with them. We climbed a mountain, visited the Czech border, and got to ride a sweet ski lift. After that, we visited this lake that feeds the biggest river in Poland, the Vistula, or Wisła. Then we visited the summer home of the flippin President of Poland and got to go in and get a tour. After that they took us to a pizzeria, and then even offered to drive us home! It was honestly the nicest thing that anyone's done for me in my whole mission. Super fun day.
So yeah, this is the last day of the transfer. I think it's gonna be a good one, but it's sad that it's coming to a close. I don't think I'm going to be staying in Katowice next transfer, but we'll see. There's gonna be a lot of exciting stuff happening here next transfer. That also means that next week I might be emailing on Tuesday!
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett
 

No comments:

Post a Comment