Monday, October 10, 2016

October 9th

Hey Mom!
Haha I'm waiting for the week when I don't get sent bad news about soccer. Was Luke able to play after hurting his ankle today? I guess if not, it would explain the blowout, if he did, bummer haha. That reminds me of a story we had this week that I'm not going to explain in detail. It involves Elder Mandla climbing up something high, and then jumping off of it:)
I haven't actually heard anything from Blake for a while, but that's a bummer that he's not feeling well again. I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers. Just in case he doesn't say anything in the missionary group chat for a while, be sure to keep me posted in that regard.
That's good to hear that Braden found a healthy food joint.  In the meantime, I'll have you know that I found, "the best kebab shop in all of Kato", according to a group of 12 year olds. I'd say it doesn't qualify as "healthy", but definitely tasty.
I've actually heard a lot about the hurricane in Florida, it sounds crazy! I hope Charlie is ok, but honestly it's probably going to be a gold mine for him as far as service opportunities and work goes! Hopefully he finds a way to turn the situation around into something positive, I'm sure he will.
So cool that Rhett is getting some playing time! I heard about his game winner last week, and now we beat Michigan State!
I hope you guys stay safe with all the riots (not to mention the election:)! Speaking of which, were you able to find anything out about that mail in ballot? If you can't find anything that works, that's fine, I don't care that much, it's just something President wanted us to mention to you all. Let me know either way.
Our week was pretty sweet, and yes, we did stay dry! That doesn't necessarily mean that we stayed warm though! I'm finally starting to get some weather that feels familiar here haha. I think it dropped to around 35 degrees at one point. Luckily we still had some sessions of General Conference to watch, and some investigators that were willing to watch with us!
As far as English class goes, we've upped our game again on advertising, so it's slowly starting to pick up. We've found some cool students lately. One of them wanted to meet about church too. Interestingly enough, the thing that he found in the church that he liked was our programs for helping members find employment and begin to build up self-sufficiency! Somehow he stumbled on the church website through work and then showed up asking questions. The Lord works in mysterious ways, haha!
We've also got this guy right now who's been reading the Book of Mormon, and he literally loves it. He says he can't stop reading. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to meet with missionaries face to face since he got it since he's been busy. But the other day, he said over text, that his "one problem" with the Book of Mormon was that he, "knows that the Earth is flat, and that the sun revolves around the Earth"! Who would've thought this would be a problem? Pretty much told him that if he prayed about the Book, he'd get an answer that everything in it is true, but were also like, "not gonna lie, never had to deal with this problem on a doctrinal basis before."
Also, we were going for kebab in the mall the other day and randomly there was this Polish pop star singing in the mall. Somehow we ended up talking to her, and told her that we were from the US/Australia, and she was asking all these questions, it was just crazy. We got a picture (she was really close in the picture, it was awkward), and she even signed Elder Mandla's Book of Mormon hahaha. Her name's Cleo, if you want to check it out. BTW she said that my Polish was ballin, so that was a little cool, coming from a famous person.
Today, we went back to that castle, Ogrodzieniec again, it was sweet. Got some cool pictures. We even got to bring an investigator. He's a little camera shy, don't have any photos of him, but still a fun day.
Things are going well with the family from last week. We're in contact, and we might be able to drop by for a visit again this week!
2 more weeks in the transfer! They should be good ones!
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment