Monday, April 3, 2017

March 27th

Hey Mom!
Sounds like you guys have been keeping yourselves pretty busy! Haha lot of sports, and I bet you're excited to work together with the basketball coaches for the next year or so. Smart move if you ask me, getting you to be team mom, once Noah takes off they've got Luke, and then Caleb. Capitalize on the Haskett dynasty.
Way nuts that Sabrina and Lauren are living it up in Hollywood, hopefully all that stuff works out for them. I forgot to ask earlier, how long are they gonna be staying in LA for all this? Is there like a time limit, or are they just waiting for some kind of a big break?
I bet Nema and Caleb are pretty psyched for the week in AZ. Beats staying at home waiting for the rest of the boys, that's for sure. I still remember when I was the only one who wasn't on the 2 week spring break schedule, and you guys would all leave me and Dad at home for a while. That was always a quiet week haha. I did like the excuse to stock up on survival snacks though.
As for us, we had a pretty awesome week! Things started off right away on Tuesday, with a lesson at a less-active family's house. We made the drive out of Warsaw to visit, and they happened to have a cousin staying with them. She's from Norway, but moving back to Poland in a few weeks. Anyways, her mom passed away about a month ago, and she was way interested to hear about the Plan and the Restoration. We talked about the church for a while, and towards the end she was just like, "Oh, is there any way I could borrow one of your copies of the Book of Mormon to take with me back to Norway? I just want to know more, but I won't be here!" Haha after explaining you that we literally have like a hundred copies to give away for free, we set up so she could get in contact with the missionaries close to home, and she's hyped to come back here and meet with us after the move. Yay!
Then right after, this guy called and was like, "I received a Book of Mormon 3 years ago, and I have read the entire Book, along with the Doctrine and Covenants. I have a monthly subscription to the Liahona, and after a lot of personal study, I know that the Church is true and want to be baptized as soon as possible." Crazy. We visited that night, and found out he's a retired doctor. He is missing a leg from a disease that's come back pretty strong in his other leg. He says that he doesn't have a lot of time left, but wants to make sure he is baptized before he dies. An interesting detail, while we were with him, he opened up his D&C to a verse about Christ healing others by faith, and asked us to pray and see if that could possibly be God's plan for him. We're going to be visiting him again this week with President Turek, it should be interesting! Pray for us!
Other than that, we had an exchange with the elders from Kraków this week. Good to see and work with Elder Liechty again. We were able to schedule a few meetings, but nothing too crazy happened. This weekend there was a YSA conference for all the young adults in Poland. A group came up from Kraków and we were in charge of getting them from the train station to the chapel. On the way I found out one of them was a recent convert who Elder Vance and I met on the street! We gave him his first Book of Mormon, and he read it and got in contact with the missionaries almost exactly a year later. Cool stuff, he remembered the red hair haha. That night I found out that an investigator in Wrocław set a baptismal date with the sisters. When I was serving there I actually was asked to give her a blessing to help her quit smoking, as she'd been struggling to do that for about 3 years. Turns out she finally did it, and now she's ready! Haha it takes some people a little more time than others.
This week should be a fun one. Tonight I'll be taking a train to Gdańsk for a 3 day exchange. Very pretty city, I'm excited. Then we've got quite a few meetings already set up. We'll see how it all goes! No pictures this week, my camera is all packed away for the exchange, but I should have a bunch next week! 
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment