Tuesday, April 11, 2017

April 9th

Hey Mom!
Haha sounds like you guys had a pretty sweet week this time around at Carp! I guess there's no way it wouldn't be a sweet week there, but that's pretty cool that the Carp madness is spreading around the stake. The more the merrier, although I heard from Noah that there was quite a bit of encouragement to talk to the girls from the other wards haha. To be expected of course. I hope you guys spent a good amount of time at Robitailles and the Spot, wouldn't be a good Carp trip without it haha.
Pretty cool as well that you guys were talking about a bunch of different ways to study the scriptures. While the constant study shouldn't end after the mission, the two years of at least an hour a day really help to find something that works for you. Everyone's got different learning styles, and I think that I've really found my groove when it comes to reading the Book of Mormon in the last few months.
Haha it sounds like things are about as crazy as usual with the end of school. Gotta love it. I can't believe it's already here. Next year Noah is gonna be graduating and getting his mission call, that's insane. I'll talk to President as well about a Skype call on PDay, I think it should be fine, but I definitely have to check. Either way, the cruise should be awesome haha.
As far as our week goes, things went pretty well! First and foremost, I survived the drive to Kraków haha! It's weird driving these European roads, but I've gotten used to it. Doesn't hurt that it took about 6 hours to get to Kraków, and about 7 on the way back haha. President's a terrible backseat driver, he said so himself, but I don't think he was too nervous with me at the wheel, or at least I hope not. We talked like the whole time (important note: he's a big fan of the Harry Potter series, and likes the NBA quite a bit as well). Good times. Kraków itself was nice, good to be back home haha. Got to reacquaint with the ping pong table, see Elder Liechty, and meet some other elders. We were pretty much just there for the district meeting and a branch family home evening. I met a couple new converts in the branch, which was way fun considering Kraków hadn't seen a baptism in over a year and a half when I was there. Overall, a good couple days, even though I was exhausted when I got back.
The rest of the week went well! Elder Einfeldt had a solo exchange of his own in Legnica, so I was driving again in the big city haha. It was fun. We visited a family a ways out of the city that was referred to us by some missionaries in Bydgoszcz, and they were way cool! We didn't have a lot of time to meet, but as the lesson was wrapping up they got all antsy and wouldn't let us leave without setting up a return apt haha. They were pretty solid for a first meeting, asking all the right questions, very willing to accept commitments. We'll see what happens!
MLC was this week, we got to get all the Zone Leaders ready for Zone Conferences, which we'll be having on Wednesday. Should go well, and there's gonna be pizza paid for by not me, so I'm hyped. 
Interesting sports Saturday this week. We were on the field playing when a couple of coaches came over and were like, "Yo we've got the field reserved for a big game, you guys gotta get off." So we moved, only to see a bunch of 6 year olds come out and take our spot. We got kicked off by some kindergartners. The worst part is, they were better than us. It's cool though, cause for the first time in my whole mission, I got to play volleyball! There was a net set up, and it felt so good to hit again haha. Kinda weird though, I had a slam at one point in the game, and I turned around and was talking to the team and our branch mission leader came over and beaned me in the back of the head with the ball. Not really sure why haha, he's an older guy, but he was smiling when he did it, so I guess that was his way of saying nice shot? I try not to question most of the stuff that happens anymore.
Another funny story. We were out on the city center (you've already heard plenty of stories that started this way) and these two homeless guys started walking toward each other from opposite ends of the square. They got into the middle and one just decked the other dude in the face. Then he walked away, while the other dude's nose started bleeding. Not a word was said. The whole thing went down as "Bad Day" by Daniel Powder blasted from the speakers. Homeless dude number 2 really was having a bad day.
The city by Kraków is out by a new missionary city called Mielec. I've never been, but I've heard a lot about it!
Love you Mom, have a great week!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment