Monday, August 1, 2016

July 31st

Hey Mom!
Kind of a weird PDay, we've been busy all day closing an old missionary apartment, and then we came back to the chapel to email and it's busy! So we're actually in a Saturn (kinda like Best Buy), staying really low emailing from the newest Mac laptops they've got. Not gonna lie, using an Apple keyboard again is pretty awesome.
Sounds like you've had a pretty sweet week! 3 movies in 7 days, I wish I could say the same. Dad said the Jason Bourne movie isn't that great, that's a bummer. Park keeps making fun of me cause he'll be able to see it while it's still in theatres, so now it's his loss. Glad to hear the boys had a good week as well, and that you didn't have to do much cleaning. We didn't have the same luck. The Dalton's came for apartment inspections, so we had a lot of cleaning to do. Unfortunately, it was my turn to do the bathroom:(
Crazy that Braden's gonna be out soon! It's pretty cool though. I can't wait to hear that everyone's successfully made it to the MTC. Blake made it back out in the field about a week ago, so the whole crew is putting in work. Cool stuff.
My week has been pretty crazy. We spent a TON of time cleaning out the other apartment getting it ready for the landlord, and then on top of that, our own apartment. I think I still smell like bleach. It's nice though, the flat looks much better, and now we have way more room to play balloon volleyball.
Other than that though, we had Zone Conference again on Friday. I'm not too surprised to hear that you didn't hear about it, now that there's no more constant Facebook updates. You're stuck getting pictures from me now, haha. You'll have to assume that I looked fantastic. Conference was good though, it's fun talking to President, cause he's really easy to understand and stuff. I pretty much got to hang out with Elder Park, Vance, and Einfeldt the whole time. In case you're wondering, yes, that's every comp I've ever had that's still in the field haha. It was fun.
The transfer is only gonna last another 2 weeks. This one really flew by. It's gonna be a real bummer when Elder Park goes home though, we've really gotten along. It's cool though, we've got a lot to look forward to still. The last week, we'll have an exchange with the Kraków elders. That pretty much means I'm about to get another chance to whoop up on Elder Vance and Blunt in ping pong.
Pretty crazy story. You asked if any investigators are coming to church, well we've got one. He hasn't missed a week for 10 weeks straight. I'm pretty convinced he's actually going to be baptized one day. Anyways, he's reading the Book of Mormon right now to get an answer about a specific date for baptism, and he's pretty excited about it. Well this week you know the Pope is here in Poland and people are going crazy. He told a group of younger dudes that he doesn't believe in the Pope, and that he was learning about the Mormons, and these guys beat him up. He told us and then showed us and the other members at church the bruises. Then he told us it was worth it. He read us that one verse in the New Testament where Paul said, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong," in 2 Cor. It was crazy. He's like 65, but he got up after the guys hit him and told them to repent. Keep him in your prayers.
The BDay treats are awesome thanks! I'm definitely enjoying all the peanut butter, and especially the Robitailles haha. It feels just like home:)
Have fun this week on the lake! Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment