Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16th

Hey Mom!
I can't blame you for being obsessed with the Olympics, haha everyone here is too. I heard Michael Phelps did something or other but that's about it haha.
Crazy that school is starting already, I remember when everyone was getting around to it last year. Also I'm sure Noah will do fine at tryouts, the 2 hour cram session that he'll probably be taking on the driveway to get ready will be enough haha.
Glad to hear Charlie and Hunter did well, I'm not surprised really. Also, I don't know if this sounds prideful but in my mind our Priest's quorum was always the stripling warriors haha. We're awesome.
So, this week was pretty crazy. First of all, our exchange. It rained THE WHOLE TIME. This is no exaggeration. Usually Poland rain is kinda like Hawaii, minus maybe 30 degrees at a minimum. It starts and then 15 mins later it stops or turns into a light mist. Not this time. For 48 hours straight we were rained on. It actually started in Kato. As we walked to the station to catch a bus, rain. A lot of rain. Even with umbrellas we were soaked. Shoes were full, pants were drenched. It didn't help that some guy drove his van through the gutter and nailed us with a pretty spectacular fishtail. That happens sometimes. But yeah, same thing in the Krak. We had no lessons scheduled, so that meant a lot of contacting in the rain. We had a good time though. Me and Vance teamed up. We carried a drunk homeless guy about 50 yards to get him out of the rain. We tracted into a naked old guy. Full naked. Accidentally stepped on a bunch of snails. The works. All in all, we got about 5 hours of contacting and I think 8 in tracting, over the course of 2 days. New record.
Most importantly, I got to play on my old ping pong table again. That's a real win. I sent some videos of Park and I playing, they're pretty long, but I think they illustrate our rivalry pretty well. For the record I won 5 games out of 6 that day:)
So other than that, this week was pretty quiet. We got like 3 online referrals, and I don't think that's ever happened to me before.
So, transfers: I'M TRAINING! It's going to be awesome. We'll pick up the little guys on Wednesday this week. I haven't met him yet, don't know any names, but I'm pretty excited! Also, I'll be staying in Kato this transfer as District Leader. This upcoming transfer could be a doozy, 10 weeks. I kinda wanted to move cities this time, but it's cool. I'm the only elder that's going to know the city, so if I had left, we mighta had problems haha.
I picked up a new pair of shoes. That's probably a good thing, cause I'm going into Warsaw this week, and I mighta looked a little like a hobo in the old ones. This last week of rain definitely sent off the other pair of shoes on a high note. At the same time, Elder Park and I got some matching comp pants. They're pretty rad.
So Elder Park is gone now, on a plane as of 6:30 this morning. I'm gonna miss him, but this transfer should be fun. I'm the oldest missionary in the city! Wish me luck!
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment