Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22nd

Hey Mom!
Sounds like you guys had a crazy week! I'm glad the Jeep (and Noah) is OK! At least he knows, from experience, what to do in that kind of situation!
Tell Luke Mr Escobar isn't all that bad. He likes to take the eighth graders to the weight room and play sports all the time. 
Also it sounds like the missionaries in the ward are pretty good! We got the almighty APs, someone's gotta get baptized now.
So our week has been insane, but good! On Tuesday I was working with the other elders in the city, then on Wednesday, I got my trainee! Elder Mandla! And even better, he's from Brisbane, Australia! Accented and everything. So I've been showing him the ropes. His Polish is... not the best, but he's going hard on studying the language. Making big steps already. Pretty impressive for a new guy. He also has a really good attitude about the work, and he's fearless. Couple that with the fact that he likes to surf, and I think we'll get along just fine.
I also got to see all the guys from my MTC group on Wednesday. That was really fun. We got a good picture too.
Not gonna lie, me being the oldest is making me feel pretty good about my Polish in Katowice right now. Haha, I remember being around all these guys around the year and a half, 2 year mark for the longest time. Now I'm the old fart, and it really doesn't feel like it.
On Sunday we were able to meet with one of our investigators again. He's really thinking about baptism right now. It's been hard to get him to commit to a date, but he's the type of person that, once he's got one, he'll stick with it. Cool stuff.
This week should be really cool, we've got a wedding to go to! The branch president is getting married, and we're all invited. Should be fun.
Year mark is this week! Can't believe it!
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment