Monday, May 23, 2016

May 22, 2016

Hey Mom!
Sorry not going to have a lot of time this week! We had a surprise trip with another city today. Guess what? We finally made it to the Salt Mines! It was awesome. I'll have to send some pictures. Add that to the fact that it was like 30C today, and you could say I had a good time.
Bummer we couldn't get the win against Oak Park! I we had a pretty good run though. If we get called up to the State tournament, that'd be awesome, so long as we didn't play a D1 team. You remember how those always turned out.
Sounds like your Vegas trip was pretty sweet, especially the MJ show. Whenever we walk into a store or a restaurant or something where a Michael song is playing, we always get really hyped. Still haven't heard Smooth Criminal in the country, but I think I've pretty much crossed off everything else.
This week was pretty crazy for us! We had a really relaxing PDay to start it off, but after that it went wild. Tuesday we went in to Warsaw for an exchange with the APs. The work in that city is wild. We had a ton of lessons, and got to meet a ton of cool people. Also there's a Dairy Queen there and I got a mint Oreo blizzard that blew my mind. OK maybe that's an exaggeration, but it was really good.
We finished that on Thursday, and had a lot of finding to do. Saturday especially was rough. We had 8 straight hours of contacting. The good thing is we met this guy who wants to meet with us on Wednesday and talk more about baptism! Sunday was fine, except I had to play the piano again. Didn't have as much time to practice, so it wasn't my best ever. Then today's crazy PDay, and now we're here!
Things as ZLs have kinda cooled down for us. We planned Zone Training, we went on exchanges with the APs, so now it's mostly just phone call type work. We have to keep track of numbers for the Zone, and kinda know how investigators are doing in each of the cities. Nothing too complicated. 
Elder Einfeldt is doing really well! We get along no problem, and we can always quote Nacho Libre, so there's that too. It's been a fun transfer so far. Crazy to think it's halfway over!
OK so I had a weird desire this week. Elder Einfeldt and I just suddenly wanted to get recorders. If I can't think of anything else, one of those crazy cheap recorders, like the ones you learn how to use in like 3rd grade, would be a pretty solid birthday present. And maybe one of those head scratcher thingies.
I think that's it though! Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment