Monday, February 27, 2017

18 months

Hey Mom!
Yep, we're officially at 18 months, I can't believe it haha. Time really does fly. With all the craziness of transfers this week, we had Elder Einfeldt at our apartment, so we got to celebrate together. It was pretty sweet, burned 2 pairs of pants. Only a little bit sketchy, but no harm was done.
I'll be sure to send a little note for the missionary month thing. If you need it this week, there won't be time to send a video, but I'll be sure to write something.
Haha that's good Noah's staying busy with basketball. Bummer we went down in the churchball final, but that's ok. I read Noah's email right after this, I was curious haha. Sounds like things got pretty wild, but I'm glad everything worked out. Trashing a car for a prank in front of a camera, rookie move haha.
It seems like everybody is sick lately! I've been down lately too, I got a sore throat a little over a week ago, and now it's just gnarly congestion. One of the sisters went down too (maybe my fault), and a ton of members missed church this week. Hopefully Dad is feeling better soon! I've gotta say, I've never even heard of pluricity before. But either way, I guess I hope at least you have a good time in San Fransisco! Eat some sourdough bread, ride a trolley on the hills, all that good stuff.
Ok time for transfer news! Basically we had a meeting with President on Tuesday to go over things, meaning I knew every single transfer call in the mission like a week before anyone else did. It was terrible haha. Almost no one knew I was an assistant yet, we had to keep it a secret, so a bunch of people were just speculating about their calls, and I couldn't say anything haha. I also knew where Elder Barlow was going, it was tough keeping it from him. He's in Bydgoszcz now, I'm pretty happy for him. He'll learn a lot there, it's good stuff. I also knew the sisters would be splitting up, which was terrible, because they were really hoping to stay together again. Sister DeMordaunt is headed to Wrocław. I still love that city, so I did my best to cheer her up, but she's pretty bummed to be out of Warsaw. I guess that's transfers for you.
This week was pretty much just a lot of meetings to get ready for all the transfers, but we also got our baptism! Tobiasz made it! It was way cool. We had a few meetings this week, so then by Saturday he was totally ready! The service was awesome, and, I gotta say, it felt pretty good to get all dressed up in white haha. I spoke at the service, talked a little about the Holy Ghost, and His role as the Comforter. On Sunday he was confirmed. A member of the quorum of the 70 was there. He spoke, and at one point singled out Tobiasz and pretty much gave him personal advice on how to live a happy life and stick to the gospel. It was way cool. 
Last week of the transfer, so we had some fun stuff too. On Friday we had our culture night. We went bowling. Then Sunday night the whole district got together to have dinner and play Apples to Apples. It was way fun. A good way to end a really good transfer. I've really enjoyed working with this district.
Weird experience Sunday night as well. We were on a bus with the sisters. A really, really drunk girl got on and started eating some of the cookies that the sisters were holding. Then she started talking to us. Then she started trying really hard to kiss me? She grabbed me around the head and just went for it. I got a hand in between our faces, and then pretty much stiff armed her away. She came back for another one, but I kept her off the second time. Everybody on the bus was dying, laughing so hard. The sisters were dying too. I gotta say, that was not how I was expecting to celebrate 18 months.
This new transfer has officially started! I'm already working with Elder Einfeldt and Bebel. All 3 of us are APs, which means things are either going to be easier for us, or we're about to be handed a lot more responsibilities haha.
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment