Monday, November 28, 2016

Thxgvg 11

Hey Mom!
Haha sounds like you guys had a fun week! I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving worked out well, and that everybody had a good time. Dad sent some of the family pics as well. Christmas sweaters, nice. Just a heads up I picked up my own sweater a while back, and it's pretty awesome.
Funny enough, our Thanksgiving had a bit of a delay as well haha. We were set up to go to an American family in the branch's place, but President had a surprise conference on Skype with all the district leaders in the mission... at the exact same time. So I sent the rest of the guys to their place while I was on the conference. I tried to make up for it by going to KFC that night, but the waitress got my order wrong. Later that night we got flaked haha. It was a rough holiday, but I think Heavenly Father was just giving me a test. The sisters felt bad, so they made an awesome Thanksgiving lunch on Friday, which we had as a district. Then on Saturday, we had a little celebration as a branch and ate some Thanksgiving pizza. On Sunday, the same family had us over again, so we could eat some of the leftovers. 3 Thanksgivings in 1! I guess you really do receive no witness until after the trial of your faith hahaha.
Other than all that, our week was pretty cool. I served on an exchange with Elder McMaster. Haha throwback to the MTC. It was really fun. We talked to some pretty interesting people on that exchange. One girl who was really cool and came to church. Another guy who claims to have been exorcised 3 times. All that good stuff. McMaster took his European driver's license test while I was with him as well. Apparently I'm not a good luck charm, cause he failed. What can you do?
We had a branch FHE last week, run by the missionaries. Usually they're pretty week, our games are pretty limited to cards and a chess board. We've also played Mafia before, but we were pretty worried for this last one. Luckily, one of the families brought Apples to Apples, and we had a real party. Brought back good memories.
Our teaching pool is doing pretty well. Our investigator who has been sick has been doing well. He's better now, or at least good enough to go to a recording of The Voice Polski. He invited us to come, but we figured that was probably not entirely in accordance with the spirit of our calling haha. Could've been fun. He said it was at least. Since last week though, he's begun to develop a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Really cool.
Hope you guys have a really fun week. Good luck with sports and everything, and have fun at the Christmas party! BTW, I sent out the package today! It's priority, so it should get there in time!
Love you tons!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment