Monday, September 5, 2016

September 4th

Hey Mom!
Sounds like you guys had a good time in AZ! Haha I'm glad the Y won, even if they made it closer than it needed to be again. I guess that's not a good way to start off the season though. Even with the new coaches, we're still choking in the second half haha. 
So Noah's already done with club huh? Haha I guess I couldn't expect much, now that he's on varsity. Even freshmen year we spent all of season at home. I think we mighta gone out of town on Thanksgiving though. I guess that gives me less to be jealous of you guys for though over here:) Maybe the tides will turn next year when I'm home. You'll all stay in Cali for the holidays for basketball, and I'll go from Provo to Mesa and Portland for the holidays by myself haha.
I'm glad you enjoyed the ping pong matches and the shirt burning. You might not get much more of that in the future, my district is terrible at ping pong, and you kinda only hit year mark once haha. And as for it taking a long time, the shirt was 100% polyester, and it was wet cause it rained that night. Not my fault.
Things are going well over here for us. We actually had a pretty insane week I guess I'll start from the beginning.
So Thursday we went out to a city a little ways from Katowice. Elder Mandla's got family that traces back to this area, and his dad sent him a few addresses of people from some old records. Well, we checked out one of them. The house belonged to this lady who was writing to his grandpa in Australia. They had been schoolmates since 3rd grade. She recognized Elder Mandla's face, because she had TONS of pictures of his dad and they look alike. It was insane. We talked to her and her granddaughter that night, and they fed us, and this week we're gonna go back and visit with her son and his family. Crazy stuff.
Then we had a meeting with an investigator on Sunday, who we've been meeting with for a while. He's had all the lessons, so we watched some of Monson's talks and talked about the priesthood and the restoration and stuff like that. He told us that he knows everything about the church is true, and that 100% he'll be baptized, BUT HE STILL WOULDN'T SET A DATE! Hahaha I was like "NOOOOOOO" but it's still really cool. He's definitely ready to become a member of the church.
Later that day, we were at the chapel, and this guy shows up toting a bag full of food. He looked really familiar, and I couldn't figure out why for a while, until I remembered that he got exed a while ago. He wanted to feed us, and then he just started sayin all this crazy stuff and we were like, what the heck is going on. All in all a pretty weird day. 
Overall, we're doing really well right now. I've never had so many consistent investigators before.
Haha, I think it's a little early to start thinking about Christmas, but if you're trying to get stuff together, I guess food is always fun. I can't really think of anything else right now, but I'll let you know.
PS, my instrument run hasn't stopped with the recorder. I picked up Elder Park's ukulele that he left here and it's actually pretty easy. I've got Somewhere over the Rainbow, I'm Your's, and You Belong with Me pretty much down. Ballin.
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment