Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19th

Hey Mom!
It sounds like you guys had a good week, I'm glad to hear Luke's team got a win! I might be confused, but is Caleb playing for a club team? It's weird to think that he's getting big and stuff. I think they still weren't keeping score for his age when I left haha. Tyson's Eagle Project sounds pretty cool! I didn't know that they had buffalo at Hart Park, but I'm glad to hear that now they have a place to scratch haha. Also, I was just actually wondering about Noah's Eagle the other day. If I remember right, I wasn't supposed to drive until I got the project done? Noah's been 16 for 5 months now? What's goin on here?
I still remember Sister Carson from the ward. She came and spoke to the youth last year during summer, I think right after Youth Conference. (It was weird not writing zone or general in front of the word conference.) She seemed pretty cool, and really happy about her decision to be baptized. I'm happy to hear that she's still doing well! That's what we're trying to make happen here in Poland!
Things are going well for us in Kato. Our last week was pretty crazy. We had an exchange with the other elders in the city last week, then had Zone Conference, then another exchange with the elders from Kielce. We were out of the apartment from Monday last week until Saturday. It's good to be back, but we've got another exchange coming up in a few days.
So the first exchange I was with Elder Rowley. He's pretty cool, been out for about 6 months now. He's learning to play the ukulele as well, so we jammed out. Then Zone Conference. It was really centered around faith. We want to focus on building the faith of the missionaries, so that we can build faith in others. Cool stuff. President also shared that one story I used in a talk once about the guy on the roof of his house when a flood came. The two boats came and asked if he needed a rescue, and he was like, "No, God will save me." Then the helicopter comes, and he still says no. He drowns, and asks God in Heaven why he didn't save him, and God was like, "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more could you want?" All of our meetings are in Polish now, and I found myself having to translate a bunch of it haha. I guess I'm like the zone dictionary now?
Our exchange in Kielce went well. Funny enough, we were actually able to set up 2 baptismal dates there with the other elders' investigators in the 2 days in the city. It was a good exchange, I guess.
That being said, we still can't get one in Kato! Haha, our older guy is so ready, but he won't pick a specific date yet. I still have 5 more weeks in Kato, though. 
We gave him a blessing last week. He said that there was a lot of crazy stuff going on right now at home and around him. He's been having a rough go, and he's been a little under the weather as well. The Branch President and I gave him the blessing last Sunday, and he said that literally from that moment on, things have been going smoothly for him. He actually spoke about in in church yesterday. Pretty cool.
Our companionship is doing well. Elder Mandla is a boss. We get along no problem, and I think we'll have a chill rest of the transfer. Also, yeah, I think it's finally starting to get cold. We went to Auschwitz again today, and it was a misty wind the whole time that kinda froze us up a bit. That being said, it made it perfect conditions for Auschwitz.
I actually had an idea for a possible present. I was thinking about getting a waterproof coat. It doesn't have to be warm, just waterproof for the snow and rain we've been having. I don't need it right now, but that would be pretty cool for Christmas? I could either grab one myself here or whatever. Either that, or I was thinking about getting a good Polish dictionary. I've had a pretty good one so far, it's a hand-me-down, but I think it might be past due. It came from Elder Vance who got it from his trainer, who got it from his trainer, who got it from his trainer. Pretty old. There's a sweet dictionary that comes in a set for English to Polish and Polish to English, but it would cost like $100 in American money. Either one of those would be awesome!

Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment