Monday, September 26, 2016

September 25th

Hey Mom!
Sounds like you guys had a rough week for sports! You left out Luke's win though, he said he got one of the two last week. The other game sounded ugly, but I think any game that ends with a red card is a good game. 
Jace's leg sounds like a rough case. 6 weeks of no school for an injury? It musta been ugly. Was he using his hands? Just in case you were wondering, I have to explain my broken arm stories all the time in Poland too. Whenever I have a short-sleeve on, or just roll up my sleeves, I get a "What's that?" "No hands?" I'm excited for winter to really settle in so I don't have to deal with that anymore.
Are Alex and Dante going to the same school? Dropping of Braden and Val at school was kind of a weird experience. I think it's gonna be way weirder when I have to do it for myself haha.
I've heard a lot about the Uchtdorf talk already, I want to check it out later. It's pretty cool to see the blessings that come from persevering in hard times. Whether or not we see it ourselves, there are a lot of blessings that come from a mission. Some people will get a lot of baptisms. Some won't. That's just how it is. But we're promised blessings either way, so I like to think that those blessings are all going into a big back account somewhere. Hopefully that big bank account is taking good care of you guys, and maybe will keep me a little warmer in the winter!
We had a pretty sweet week. I guess I'll do story time first. Earlier in the week, we met this kid out in a park. He was about my age, maybe a little younger, and at first, he said he wasn't interested and took a card. About 10 minutes later, he came and found us, and said "I've been thinking about it, I want to hear what you guys have to say". So we talked to him for a while. Turns out, his family is split right now when it comes to religion. Half believe in God, but have different views on what that means, the other half doesn't believe at all. It's causing problems, and he doesn't know what to do. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you're thinking of JSH. "Some time in the second year after our removal to Manchester, there was in the place where we lived an unusual excitement on the subject of religion..." and so on. He wants us to come and share our message with him and his family. Wow!
We're also still working with our past investigators. Everyone is doing well. Still making progress. We hope to be able to teach more and more people as the weeks go on.
I don't have any cool pics from this week! Sorry, nothing fun this PDay, but I think next week we're gonna try for Zakopane! More mountain climbing and cliff pictures! Yay for you!
Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment