Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25th

Hey Mom!
Glad to hear the package made it alright! Elder Park's got home a while back and I was a little worried haha. And don't worry, I don't plan right now on reclaiming any gifts, there'll be plenty of time for more souvenirs later. We're onto that stage with Park right now, his whole fam is pouring in requests haha.
Glad to hear that most of us made it out of Sun River ok, but that's a pretty huge bummer with Grandma Lou:(
I guess Sun River really is cursed, sorry I started that. We'll have to get some kind of frequent flyer card at the surgery center there before the next trip. I think this confirms my decision to shoot for orthopedic surgeon, the Haskett family could use one.
I'm kinda curious to see how Noah compares EFY Santa Barbara to Provo. I bet they're both pretty cool. Also you'll have to let me know who Luke's coach is at volleyball camp, and I'll see if I still know him. Probably not, it's been a while. I'll bet it's gonna be weird with a quiet home for you though!
So to answer your first question, yeah, we were able to meet up with the girl again. She came to English and we had another meeting after. Thing is, she keeps saying weird stuff that we don't really know how (or want to) handle. For example, after English, she texted me and said, "Hey I'm really confused, and I don't know why", then after a while again, saying " I guess today's just not my day to be confident ". Lots of feelings, so we're probably going to have the sisters meet with her from now on.
Other than that, it's been a lot of finding for us. Summer's been long, and we can't wait for everybody to be back home. Or English class is doing alright, we've started targeting young people who are home for the summer and have nothing better to do, haha. One neat thing: for the first time in my mission, I think every one of my investigators is actually reading the Book of Mormon. Pretty sad, that it's a first, but I'm satisfied.
So, surprise this week: President Turek showed up at our district meeting. First off, I probs blew him away with my Polish and leadership qualities. But other than that, I got my bday stuff! Thanks for the package, it's got everything! The decorations were a nice touch, even though it's been a while since the actual day, I still hung everything up, and now we can play balloon volleyball. I got a request from Kati for a recorder video, once I find a computer that's got enough power to upload it, I will. Thanks again though!
I think that's everything this week, have fun at Lake Powell! Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment