Monday, February 1, 2016

January 31st!

Hey Mom!
Sounds like another good week back at home! I'm glad the rain kicked in while I'm gone, I don't have to deal with the end of the drought, but maybe when I come home our grass might not all be dead. I might even be able to take a long shower! Sounds like sports are going well. 
Anyways, speaking of the long shower thing... so we lost a little game to the sisters this week... now many of the elders in our district are hairless.
Yep, I shaved my legs this week. Took me about an hour and a half. Gotta say, interesting experience. Can't say I'm gonna do it again, the mission makes it a little better, at least I never wear shorts here. I'm much colder now, though.
That being said, it has gotten a lot warmer this week. It's actually been beautiful this week. All positive temperatures. I think we might have even gotten to 10C. Wild.
President came down to visit Wrocław this week. That was really cool. Had some inspiring stuff to say, got us all hyped to work. You know, President stuff. He committed us all to a baptism next month. I'm convinced that he was inspired to ask, so look forward to next month along with me, some cool stuff is coming. Haha he did mention my shoes though. I committed to a baptism and to shine everyday. It doesn't do much though. I'll probably make a trip to the store pretty soon here. 
Super cool that Braden and Spence are looking to head out soon. It's kinda surreal, once you start your papers. I don't think it really hit me though till I was a few days away. 
Pretty sweet too that you guys are going to the temple often too. I miss it. I think it made a lot more sense in the MTC. That being said, I don't think I was ever really that confused.  To be honest, pretty much every church and chapel in this country is a lot more confusing, crazy, and traditional than anything that every happened in the temple. I don't think I'd ever heard this before the mission, but most Christians here believe that the Sacrament literally transforms into the flesh and blood of Christ in your mouth. I got into a pretty wild discussion with a lady at a bus stop this week about it. She said our church wasn't Christian because we didn't believe that. I told her that ingesting blood (yes I said 'ingesting' in Polish, just learned it this week) makes you throw up, and she got really upset cause she thought I was making fun of her. Probably not the best defense, but to be honest, she was attacking me and Elder Torres publicly, and I wasn't just gonna sit there and let the Church get trashed, and that was the first thing I could think of. Anyways, yeah, the temple is rad. Can't wait til there's one in this country.
Lastly, pretty good week for me as far as Polish goes. I'm getting the hang of things. I've had a lot of weird experiences this week, so I'm getting stretched in different directions, but it's helping. Gift of Tongues!
I think that's it for this week from me! Good stuff happening here! Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment