Friday, October 23, 2015

Last email from the MTC!!!!!

This is it! Last Pday in the MTC! It's honestly so crazy. This week really flew, which I'm happy about, but it's also kinda sad. It feels a little bit like graduation or saying goodbye again. This time we don't have to go to the MTC though, Europe's a lot better of a destination to head to. We're honestly so psyched. 
I'm glad Caleb's Bday went well. It's so cool he's getting baptized. I know for sure that I had no clue how important it was when I was his age, but now that I've been teaching about it for months I'm really excited for him. I was talking to our choir director the other day because he's a really cool guy and I just wanted to introduce myself and he had brought his daughter who's getting baptized this week. She reminded me a lot of Caleb, it was funny.
Tell Noah and Luke not to worry about volleyball tournaments, they're so much more relaxed and laid back than basketball or soccer games. Hopefully some of that volleyball spirit rubs off on Noah and he doesn't stress for games too much anymore.
We got our flight plans last Friday! We celebrated by buying all the chips and dip in the MTC store and having a fiesta. We fly out on Monday. I think the first flight takes off at 12:30. We go through Chicago, then a 14 hour flight to Munich! From there it's pretty short to Warsaw, but with layovers and everything we have almost exactly 24 hours of travel time. I'm not sure whether or not we'll be able to email right before we go, but we do get to call! 
Anyways, this week has been pretty cool. First of all, I forgot to tell you last week that I got called to be District Leader. Whoops. It's been pretty fun though, I just have to go to a lot more meetings. Also we had our Departure Interviews the other day. During the interview, Brother Redding asked whether or not my Patriarchal Blessing said anything about me serving as a leader in the Church. I said yeah, and he said he got a strong feeling that it was going to happen. He said I have to just keep doing what I'm doing and serve my mission with honor and that when the call came I wouldn't be too overwhelmed. It was pretty cool, but at the same time, I was kinda like, Yikes. Oh well, Brother Redding promised me I'd figure it out, and I trust him. He's a good guy.
Also we discovered that Poland doesn't have a Halloween. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed.
Anyways, love you guys tons, and I'm looking forward to the phone call on Monday! 
Na rasze,
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment