Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 13th

Hey Mom!
First of all, that's way cool that Lauryn is going to be on The Voice! Haha I hope she keeps doing well, that would be crazy if she went far! Wish her good luck for me!
Haha it seems like whenever we try to do a hike that isn't Towsley close to home, we end up in the middle of nowhere, blazing our own trail. Sounds like it was a pretty good workout though! I gotta say, I miss hiking haha. We get some pretty good soccer games out here, but that's pretty much our most exciting workout. Last week we played missionaries against Poland, and somehow we won. I guess it helps when we've got Elder Ashworth, who's not American (by not American, I mean he played soccer), but still, it felt like quite the upset. We channel the US Women's National Team when we play, not the men's. I think that's how we pulled off the win.
Things in Warsaw are going really well right now! We've been really busy, so the trio has been coming in handy haha. President wants us to work with the members all the time, so we're always going on splits with people. This week actually Elder Bebel will be going to Katowice for an exchange with Elder Mandla (I'm pretty jealous haha), and Elder Einfeldt and I are gonna hold down the fort. We'll be doing our own exchange with the Zone Leaders here. That means we'll have a real throwback to the MTC with Elder Alvarez! It should be cool haha.
The work has been really different though lately, and I really like it. There's so much focus on work with the members, and people in the branch are starting to get excited. We're trying to meet with as many people as we can to discuss the European Area Plan. It's a 3 step program to help strengthen the Church here. The steps are inviting a friend to learn about us, obtaining spiritual and temporal self-reliance, and finding an ancestor. We're still on step 1 with most people, invite a friend, and we're hoping that we can start working together as a branch to find new people who will be interested. I don't know how much it's going to take before we start seeing the results, but us and President seem to think this is what the Church in Poland has been missing. It's taking some getting used to, considering all I've ever known is just going out on the streets and talking to random people for hours, but I think this is going to be a lot more effective. Part of inviting someone to come to church includes inviting less-active members! We're helping members reach out to their friends who have stopped coming. It's been really cool, and I think that all the members are excited to see old friends come back.
I got the letter you sent with the stuff from the ward last week! Actually there was a pretty big build up of mail for me haha, and I got a bunch of stuff that was supposed to come at Christmas time. I'm going to have to send out a lot of thank you letters this week haha. Tell the ward thanks though!
I'm glad you liked the video Bart took! He likes keeping all the missionary moms posted haha. He's actually doing a better job than I am this week, I forgot my camera at the apartment. There'll be a good picture for you guys next week though, the whole MTC group got together for MLC and we got a squad pic haha. It was good seeing all the guys again.
That's pretty much my week in a nutshell! Love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment