Monday, March 21, 2016

Helix fossil church???????

Hey Mom!
Mexico City! Crazy it's finally here! I still remember telling myself in the MTC that by the time he got his call I'd be pretty much set in the mission. Weird how quick that flew by. And he's in my shadow group! That's when you're exactly one year behind. I'm in Elder Park's shadow group. Also it's a bonus that he's got Spanish! He got the hook-up there that I was looking for when I filled out my papers! Remember I said I was fluent in Spanish so I'd go foreign? Well look where that got me haha.
Holy moly marriage carriage took off this week. That's good Kade's girl passed family standards. Hasn't been on a Lake Powell trip yet though? Sketchy business. Then Tanner's gone and gotten engaged already? Crazy. Only one question: how tall is she?
Dang, William's already home, this email was packed with news. One thing I can tell you pretty confidently is that there won't be any problems for me coming back to English. All the missionaries speak English, and we have no native speakers serving right now, so that's never really a problem here. Only possibility is I might come home saying a lot of Polish slang, like "ekstra, masakra, and most of all, czyli".
Welp, Caleb's already done with lacrosse. Seems like just last week I was reading all about how much he was liking it haha. Good he's sticking with soccer though. And Noah swept out at Burroughs! That's sweet, nothing like winning a tournament. Also they finished over Eagle Rock, I remember they were our semi final game my sophomore year at the famous Grizzly Classic haha.
Pretty weird as well for us this week, as far as missionary work goes. Lots of busy work and stuff like that. We had to take care of a lot of stuff for the chapel, and on top of that, since Park’s the branch clerk, take care of finances. That was some pretty good lang study for me. Then on Friday, I went in to Warsaw for some legal work. I picked up my residency card, so now if I get arrested, I don't get deported. Yay me! Saturday was just weird. We helped one of the young men (to be transparent, the young man) get to this English contest. Turns out the location was moved and us and several other middle school prodigies had to march across town. Good news is, my dude won. The other contestants said it wasn't fair cause he had two native coaches.

We still had some lessons though. Everyone's doing fine. Olga got into some anti doctrine but like it's promised in the good old NT, the foolish shall not confound the wise, and I trashed all her questions. She said I was very intelligently. Hooray for bad grammar. Ola gave us a little scare this week. Halfway through we were scheduled for a meeting and she didn't show. Apparently she'd sent a text to cancel but it didn't go through, and then she got really sassy with us after the miscommunication. It was really out of character. Then she straight up said she didn't want to meet anymore. President's been telling us a lot lately to always be praying for miracles, so I went for it yesterday. And an hour later she called back, said sorry, and asked if we would still make time for her next week.

I told her I'd think about it.

So I've got a pretty good story for you this week, but it's gonna take some background explaining to understand. So I'm gonna copy a link to an article for you to read:

(I took out the article....it's like three pages! But it's basically a lot of Pokemon stuff and a group of people who "worship" this online game and call it the Helix fossil church)

So there you have it. Sorry it's so long, but it's pretty funny stuff.Well, during English last week, what are the odds a teen-ager happens to sarcastically belong to the helix fossil church? That's right, dead serious, she said that. Luckily I knew what she was even talking about from Twitter, and after a lot of joking around, she agreed to a lesson because, “the Mormons seemed cool now”.
Well, sorry for the long email, I was gonna take some out, but then I realized a long email kinda sounds like the opposite of a problem! Also, I just remembered my bday is coming up soon, and I had a couple of ideas this week. GOLDFISH. They have no substitute here. Also I'm in dire need of a flash drive. And my final request would be one of those head scratcher thingies. You know, the ones that have all the metal thingies and you move the handle up and down. For some reason,that's sounded bomb since the beginning of my mission.
But that's finally it for me this week! I love you Mom!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment