Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8th

Hey Mom!
I guess we can start with all the Mother's Day stuff! First of all, I'm way excited to see you guys too! Monday works fine, President said that we're good to go. We can definitely do 6:30 your time. I guess as a warning though, President wants everybody to keep their Skype calls to a half hour. Sorry! We'll pack as much in as we can!
Glad to hear that you guys got all freshed up for the cruise haha. "Matching sweat suits, flip flops, necklaces, nails, and sunglasses to name a few items" makes it sound like you are gonna be a pretty easy group to spot on that boat haha. Should be way fun. Let me know how it goes!
Noah told me about the APUSH exam, haha going to the midnight premier of Guardians the night before probably wasn't the best way to prepare, but hey, you do what you gotta do! I'm sure he killed it, same as the ACT.
I still can't believe it's already May! The boys are gonna be finishing up school soon, then it's time for summer and all that jazz. Then I get home! Ahh it's still so weird for me. Once again, I don't have a concrete time for you guys, but I'll let you know as soon as we find out.
Life is good over here still. I'm super tired after last week, and a particularly intense soccer game on Saturday didn't help haha. It's cool though, we got a ton of work done. Being AP without the trio has been a little different, but good. I will say, it's a lot easier to figure out cooking now. I made it a goal to get creative this transfer, and so far I've already figured out how to make Chinese food and made up a  pretty dope pork taco recipe. One of these days throwing things into a pan and hoping it works is gonna bite me in the butt, but we're doing good so far!
Our investigators are doing well! Since Elder Bebel and Einfeldt left behind all the people they'd met here to me, I've made it a primary focus to build good relationships in the last few days and I think it's going pretty well. One of the guys that we're meeting with fasted this week for a baptismal date, and he's thinking the last week of May! Awesome!
Right now I'm interviewing with a news reporter and a writer about the Church and life as a missionary. It's been kinda weird and official, they record everything and have witnesses present and all this stuff, but it's really cool. There's gonna be something in the newspaper, on the news, and then a book written by this pretty famous religious writer pretty soon here, so we're hoping to use the opportunity to spread the Church around in new ways. We'll see what happens!
Elder Kriser and I are doing great. He's adjusting to the new responsibility pretty fast, and has a great attitude about it all. We're hoping to make some big things happen this transfer.
Love you Mom! I'll see you next week!
Elder Haskett

No comments:

Post a Comment